Monday, August 26, 2013

Would You be Satisfied?

Satisfied. I was trying to think how often I hear this word used in daily language and what someone is referring to when it is used. The one that stands out is eating. "Satisfy that hunger" is the first thing that came to mind. Fulfilled, would be a word that is used to substitute satisfied. "Is you job fulfilling?", "Is you marriage fulfilling", really mean "Are you satisfied?"

So are you? Are you satisfied with you job/career, with your marriage, with your children's grades? There are many areas of life that we could look at and ask the question of but there is one that struck me differently the other day and that is the one I want to focus on.

While reading an Old Testament passage something stood out causing me to ask myself a question. In Ezekiel 44:28-30, it speaks of the priests of Israel not having possessions of their own by saying, "And it shall be in regard to an inheritance for them, that I AM their inheritance; and you shall give them no possession in Israel-I AM their possession." (NASB) So the question I asked myself was, "Would I be, am I willing, to live life with God as my inheritance and my portion?"

No, I am not a priest but I do believe that I can learn for the lives of those God chose to single out and put their life story in His Word. So to ask myself that if everything was taken away, would I trust and continue to live life for my Savior is a deep sobering question. It would be easy to say "of course" when times are good, but it is a question that I want to pray about when times are good. I want to be strong in mind and spirit to say "of course" if and when everything falls apart.

That is were the word "satisfied" comes back in. Can I, am I willing, to be satisfied with God being my inheritance and my portion? How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment